Capturing landscape photos that inspire exploration and ignite memories from prior adventures is an art. An artist must know the tools of the trade in order to create a work of art worthy for your home or office.
On Monday, January 29, 2018, award-winning landscape photographer Jason Carlton (see online portfolio) will lead a workshop, providing the right balance of classroom learning and field experience.
The workshop will take place at Cokesbury Village at 726 Loveville Road, Hockessin, Delaware. The In-the-Field portion of the workshop will be held at a nearby location that is TBD.
Photographers of all skill levels are welcome to attend.
- How to shoot M instead of A (mechanics of the camera)
- Histogram and ETTR (Exposing To The Right)
- Tips for sharper photos
- Techniques for added effects/style and composition
- Basics of Lightroom
- Attendees will also receive a free DVD of his Video Workshop Lessons (Roughly two hours of a dozen 10-minute lessons on photography techniques, with accompanying assignments)
What to bring:
- Laptop (for editing photos for the show and tell/photo critique)
- Warm clothes (after all, it’s Winter in Delaware so anything can happen)
With only ten (10) spots available, the group is small enough for more individual questions, but big enough for everyone to learn from each other.
Schedule (but may be subject to change):
- 9 to Noon Classroom learning time
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. In-the-field Workshop time (nearby location TBD)
- 3:00 p.m. Return to Classroom for quick edit and show and tell
- 4:00 p.m. Conclude
- ADDITIONAL In-the-Field Workshop either 10 p.m. Monday night or 6 a.m. Tuesday morning (weather and interest permitting)
COST: The $100 cost covers the full-day photo workshop. Some snacks will be provided throughout the day, and a DVD copy of the Carlton Photo Workshop Video Course will be provided to workshop attendees. Carpooling is encouraged when traveling to the sites, but everyone is responsible for their own gas costs.
To reserve your spot, contact Jason Carlton at 801-668-6690 or at email@example.com. When registering, an invoice will be sent to the person registering for an online payment in PayPal (checks and cash not accepted). The workshop is limited to 10 people, but if the demand is higher, a waiting list will be created in the event others cancel their spot in the workshop.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before Tuesday, January 23, 2018, you will receive a 75% refund. If you cancel by Friday, January 26, 2018, you will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be offered after Sunday, January 28, 2017 at 1 p.m.
Jason Carlton reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient signup, logistical problems that may impede a workshop, or acts of God. Refund of all fees paid shall release Jason Carlton from any further liability. Jason Carlton is not responsible for any expenses incurred by workshop participants in preparing for a cancelled workshop.
Jason Carlton reserves the right to photograph and film its trips in entirety. Participants should be aware that images of them may be used for promotional purposes or joint marketing efforts with third parties, without remuneration.