Capturing landscape photos that inspire exploration and ignite memories from prior adventures is an art. An artist must know the tools of the trade in order to create a work of art worthy for your home or office.
On Saturday, December 9, 2017, award-winning landscape photographer Jason Carlton (see online portfolio) will lead a workshop, providing the right balance of classroom learning and field experience. Photographers of all skill levels are welcome to attend.
- How to shoot M instead of A (mechanics of the camera)
- Histogram and ETTR (Exposing To The Right)
- Tips for sharper photos
- Techniques for added effects/style and composition
- Basics of Lightroom
What to bring:
- Laptop (for editing photos for the show and tell/photo critique)
- Warm clothes (after all, it’s October in Utah so anything can happen)
With only eight (8) spots available, the group is small enough for more individual questions, but big enough for everyone to learn from each other.
Schedule (but may be subject to change):
- 6:30 a.m. Meet and travel to location to photograph sunrise (light breakfast provided)
- 7:40 a.m. Sunrise
- 8:30 a.m. Travel
- 9 to Noon Classroom learning time
- Noon Lunch (pizza lunch provided) and time to edit photos from morning shoot
- 1:00 p.m. Show and tell/critique from morning photo shoot
- 2:30 p.m. Travel to location for field experience implementing what you learned
- 5:30 p.m. Conclude
COST: The $50 cost covers the 11-hour photo workshop training, a light breakfast and pizza lunch, along with some snacks provided throughout the day. Carpooling is encouraged when traveling to the sites, but everyone is responsible for their own gas costs.
To reserve your spot, contact Jason Carlton at 801-668-6690 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. When registering, an invoice will be sent to the person registering for an online payment in PayPal (checks and cash not accepted).
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before Friday, December 1, 2017, you will receive a 75% refund. If you cancel by Thursday, December 7, 2017, you will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be offered after Thursday, December 7, 2017.
Jason Carlton reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason whatsoever, including insufficient signup, logistical problems that may impede a workshop, or acts of God. Refund of all fees paid shall release Jason Carlton from any further liability. Jason Carlton is not responsible for any expenses incurred by workshop participants in preparing for a cancelled workshop.
Jason Carlton reserves the right to photograph and film its trips in entirety. Participants should be aware that images of them may be used for promotional purposes or joint marketing efforts with third parties, without remuneration.